Privacy Statement Updated February 12, 2020.
General information and mandatory information
The responsible person(s) decides alone or jointly with others on the purposes and means of processing personal data (e.g. names, contact details, etc.).
ATOME Wellness Services
The user can use individual services ("special services") of AtomWellness. For this purpose, it is necessary that the user consents to the collection, processing, and use of his/her personal data and, if applicable, also of special personal data.
This applies in particular to the special services listed below:
- AtomWellness operates an online platform which enables the user to contact a medical provider as well as third-party providers and associated companies (e.g. travel agencies, customer service agencies, payment service providers, or translators) whose services are advertised via our website(s).
- If a medical service provider concludes a medical treatment contract with the user, the user agrees that the medical service provider shall inform AtomWellness, with line-item breakdown, of the type and date of the medical treatment as well as the amount to be paid and the date of the invoice transmitted by the medical service provider to the user (and, if required by law, that the medical service provider shall transmit the corresponding data to AtomWellness).
- If a third-party provider concludes a contract with the user for certain services, the user must authorizes the third-party provider to inform AtomWellness of the amount and date of the invoice transmitted by the third-party provider to the user with fees included and explained.
- Forums will be set up on the platform or on the websites of associated companies to enable the exchange of experiences and opinions between users.
- The user is offered enrollment to receive emails with promotions by the AtomWellness.
- AtomWellness uses the personal data for its own advertising purposes and sends the user information about AtomWellness, new products and services, medical service providers, etc., by email, phone call, SMS, or post.
PURPOSE OF USE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data required for the establishment, implementation, or processing of our range of services. If you have given us your consent to process personal data for specific purposes, we will process it on the basis of your consent.
Personal data is collected, processed, and used by us exclusively for the following purposes:
- for contact and related correspondence
- for processing your request and for any further advice you may require
- to display comments in our blog function
- to contact us to verify your data
- to ensure that our website is presented to you in the most effective and interesting way possible (e.g. through anonymous evaluation)
- for the technical realization of our offers
CONSENT OF THE USER
By clicking on the appropriate box during the request and order process, the user agrees to the following forms of data processing:
- The user agrees that AtomWellness collects, stores, and uses the personal data and special personal data transmitted during the inquiry process for the following purposes:
- To provide the data to the medical service provider designated by the user (clinics, hospitals, dentists, or specialists around the world or, if no medical service provider has been designated, to up to fifteen medical service providers selected by AtomWellness according to fixed criteria (state of health, preferred country, language of the medical service provider and the user, reaction of the medical service provider in previous cases, and "best price" for the procedure requested by the user or based on the limited information available to AtomWellness) in order either to request an offer or to book a service from the medical service provider.
- Passing on this data to third parties, partners, and affiliated companies globally who provide customer service, advertising, or payment services on behalf of AtomWellness in accordance with AtomWellness’s instructions and in compliance with the data protection declaration and corresponding confidentiality and security measures of AtomWellness.
- For any service for which the user has registered on this website.
- For internal price calculation and offer examination, in each case to the extent necessary for this purpose.
- The user agrees that AtomWellness may review, search, and analyze communication via the platform or by e-mail between the user and AtomWellness medical service partners for purposes of fraud prevention, risk assessment, compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer care. AtomWellness uses automated methods to check, search, and analyze user communications. For individual investigations into suspected fraud, customer support, or to evaluate and improve the functionality of automated tools, individual communications may need to be manually reviewed.
- The user has the right to object to such collection, processing, and use of personal data and special personal data at any time and with effect for the future (see section "Revocation of your consent to data processing"). However, AtomWellness will then no longer be able to provide the user with the services that require the processing of personal data or specific personal data.
COLLECTED AND PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data only if you provide them voluntarily and with your consent, example, by filling out our forms (free offer) or by sending emails. Within the framework of the available forms or messages, this is primarily the following data:
Data of interested parties for services:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- telephone number
- the agreement to the data protection declaration
- the consent
The collection and storage of special personal data (such as information on medical status, health, sex life, habits, and health history) is carried out for the conclusion of a corresponding agreement, for the opening of a customer account, or for establishing contact with AtomWellness or a medical service partner of AtomWellness.
AtomWellness medical service providers are essentially clinics, hospitals, dentists or established specialists around the world.
These data will be used exclusively for the aforementioned purposes, unless the user expressly permits AtomWellness to use them for other purposes. In this case, the data will be used only to the extent necessary for the respective purpose, e.g., conclusion, execution, and performance of the contract.
Personal data and its contents provided by you remain exclusively with us and our affiliated companies. We will only store and process your data for the purposes stated. Any use beyond the stated purpose requires your express consent.
The data processing by our partners is subject to their data protection regulations.
The personal data will be deleted immediately in case of revocation of your consent or if the purpose of data use no longer exists.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
AtomWellness uses a variety of third-party providers and affiliated companies to offer services via the platform. These third parties and affiliates may originate from anywhere in the world.
The third-party providers and affiliates may assist AtomWellness with the following:
- the verification or confirmation of the user's identification;
- the comparison of information with public databases;
- background checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessments; or
- the provision of after-sales services, advertising, or payment services.
Since the disclosure of personal data and special personal data to third parties is not permitted under the above provisions, personal data and special personal data shall be disclosed to third parties only in the following cases:
- We pass on personal data and special personal data to our partners and affiliated companies in order to enable a service that AtomWellness cannot provide itself (e.g. a payment service).
REVOCATION OF YOUR CONSENT TO DATA PROCESSING
Some data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. To revoke your consent, send an informal email to email@example.com. Enter your name, address and (if applicable) user name. The legality of the data processing carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
RIGHT TO APPEAL TO THE COMPETENT SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
In the event of a breach of data protection law, you as the party concerned, have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
RIGHT TO DATA TRANSFERABILITY
You have the right to have data which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfillment of a contract handed over to you or to third parties. The information is provided in a machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another responsible person, this will only be done as far as it is technically feasible.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION, CORRECTION, BLOCKING, DELETION
You have the right to free information about your stored personal data, the origin of the data, its recipients, the purpose of the data processing and, if applicable, the right to correction, blocking, or deletion of this data at any time within the framework of the applicable statutory provisions. In this regard and also for further questions on the subject of personal data, you can contact us at any time via the contact options listed in the imprint.
To send our newsletter, we need an email address from you. It is necessary to verify the email address provided and consent to receive the newsletter. Supplementary data is not collected or is voluntary. The use of the data takes place exclusively for the dispatch of the newsletter.
The data collected during newsletter registration will be processed exclusively on the basis of your consent. A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. To revoke your consent, send an informal e-mail or use the "unsubscribe" link in the newsletter. The legality of the data processing operations that have already taken place remains unaffected by the revocation.
Data entered to set up the subscription will be deleted if you unsubscribe. If this data has been transmitted to us for other purposes and elsewhere, it will remain with us.
SERVER LOG FILES
In server log files, the provider of the website automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us.
- Visited page on our domain
- Date and time of the server request
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the accessing computer
- IP address
These data are not merged with other data sources.
STORAGE PERIOD OF CONTRIBUTIONS AND COMMENTS
Contributions and comments as well as related data, such as IP addresses, are stored. The content remains on our website until it has been completely deleted or had to be deleted for legal reasons.
A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. An informal notification by email is sufficient for the revocation. The legality of data processing operations that have already taken place remains unaffected by the revocation.
CHANGES TO THE DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION